Tuesday, 1 June 2010
Easy chocolate cake with caramel cream
6 oz self-raising flour
2 oz unsweetened cocoa powder
8 oz caster sugar
8 oz butter
1 tablespoon baking powder
2 teaspoons vanilla essence
A good quality chocolate bar
7- 8 tablespoons of coke
Roasted almond flakes
Ingredients for caramel cream
600 ml double cream
198 gm caramel (half of a regular tin)
- Preheat oven to 350 deg F (Gas mark 4 or 180 deg C).
- Grease a 9 inch (23 cm) cake tin.
- Mix everything together until smooth, either by hand or by using an electric mixer at slow speed.
- Transfer to bake tin and bake at 350 degrees until a wooden pick inserted in centre comes out clean, after approximately 40 to 45 minutes.
- In the meantime, make the caramel cream by whipping the double cream with caramel. You can add 1 teaspoon of vanilla essence in the cream.
- After the cake has cooled, cut the cake into two layers, add some coke to make it a bit moist .
- Use one 1/3 of the caramel cream between the two layers, 1/3 on top, and the rest around the cake.
- Sprink roasted almond flakes all over the cake.
- Using a grater, you can make some tiny chocolate pieces and sprinkle on top of the cake.
- Keep the cake in the fridge and take it out just before serveing. Enjoy !