The best dua for forgiveness (Istighfar)

Alhamdulillah last year I came across this beautiful dua and I would like to share this dua with you. We all are sinners but we are told by our beloved prophet Muhammad (saw) that the best of the sinners are those who constantly repent and ask their Lord to forgive them. May Allah (swt) make us the best insha-Allah!

اللَّهُمَّ أَنْتَ رَبِّي لَا إِلَهَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ خَلَقْتَنِي وَأَنَا عَبْدُكَ وَأَنَا عَلَى عَهْدِكَ وَوَعْدِكَ مَا اسْتَطَعْتُ أَعُوذُ بِكَ مِنْ شَرِّ مَا صَنَعْتُ أَبُوءُ لَكَ بِنِعْمَتِكَ عَلَيَّ وَأَبُوءُ بِذَنْبِي فَاغْفِرْ لِي فَإِنَّهُ لَا يَغْفِرُ الذُّنُوبَ إِلَّا أَنْتَ
Allahumma anta rabbi, la ilaaha illa anta khalaqtani wa ana 'ala 'ahdika wa wa'dika maa s'ta'tat, audhu bika min sharri maa sana't abbu laka bini'matika a'layya wa abu'u bidhanbi faaghfirli faa innahu laa yaghfiruj' junuba illa anta.

"O Allah, You are my Lord, there is none worthy of worship besides You, You have created me and I am Your servant, I am Your pact and promise, I seek refuge in You to the best of my ability from my evil sins. I testify to Your favours and to my sins, hence forgive me since there is no one else to forgive sins besides You".
The person who recites this dua sincerely in the course of the day and night and dies will be among the people of jannah insha-Allah. ( Bukhari)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond