Wisdom is the refinding of innocence


Songs of innocence is a beautiful nasheed done by Talib Al-Habib. This one is one of my favourite nasheeds. Mashallah he has done a great job. It is essentially the dua of a parent sung for and to their children as they lie asleep, and incorporates nasiha (sincere counselling) such as, 'remember this: wisdom is the refinding of innocence.' The 'songs of innocence' refer to the dhikr, sung as a lullaby.


Songs of Innocence

chorus

Allahu Allahu La ilaha illa Hu

And I sing my songs of innocence

To you my precious child as you lay on your bed

With your sleepy eyes and your heavy head

Rest and dream in peace till morning comes again

I will sing my songs of innocence

I will sing my songs of innocence

And I sing my songs of innocence

As I watch you sleep, think what may lie ahead.

So many the roads that before you spread

Take the way, my child, to the Beloved Friend

Lead a life of truth and innocence

The way of sunnah, the path of the Prophet

Let your words be echoes of his sentences

Let your deeds be shadows of his radiance.

And though the world outside seems cold and hard

And you may feel like you are wandering alone

Do not fear, do not grieve, in Allah place your belief

In his remembrance your heart will find its peace

And I gaze at you in wonderment

How your heart is filled with innocence.

You'll never know the joy you bring to me

How your touch and smile dispel my every grief

May you never lose your innocence

With life's bittersweet experience

And when the time comes, remember this:

Wisdom is the refinding of innocence.

Now you're breathing easy, I must call an end

I have sung my song of innocence

And if our paths should never cross again

May God's peace and mercy upon you descend

We will meet at the gathering of innocence

At al-Kauthar, the fount of abundance

By the Prophet's hand may our thirst be quenched

We will be with him, and we will be content

Salallahu `alayhi wa alihi

Peace and blessings on him and his family

And all who follow in his blessed way

You and I, my child, may we among them be

You and I, my child, may we among them be

Will you help me learn of innocence?

Sing a song of love and innocence

Will you help me find my way back home?

Will you fill my heart with innocence?

May I come to you an innocent?

Let me sing my song of innocence.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond