Ramadan 1434 Day 1

Alhamdulillah today was the first day of Ramadan. I was worried thinking it must be really difficult to fast for 18 hours given it's quite hot in London. Yes, I know it's very rare to see the Sun shining on us, the Londoners, alhamdulillah! Please enjoy every moment of it. I try to take my kids to the local park so that we can soak up some sun-lights. Trust me, we are always in need of vitamin D, especially us, the Muhajabas! Don't let this amazing blessing of Allah Subhanahu wa ta'ala go wasted.

But Allah Subhana Wa Ta'ala always makes everything easy for us. In the Qur'an Allah says, just after the verse of Ramadan , "Allah desire for you, ease; He desire not hardship for you ; and He desires that you should complete the period (of the fast), and that you should magnify Allah for having guided you, and that perhaps you may be thankful." 2: 185

Subhanallah this verse is just one amazing verse! He loves us so much and never wants us to go through any hardship. If we do face any hardship, it's due to our own faults. Or the hardship is a form of test to see how we are going to react. Sometimes people ask how do we know that any difficulty we face is a form of punishment or a test. If we feel bad and angry then it is a punishment. But if we have patience, it becomes a mean to gain closeness to our Lord. 
As it's kind of a hot summer Ramadan, try to take a power nap ( half an hour) after zuhr prayer. I try to sleep around 3/4 pm if my extra-hyper children allow me :-) For me it really works alhamdulillah. After iftar, I feel quite okay to carry on being awake till 12 or 1 am. I am trying to do my best inshAllah and do whatever my situation permits.

As a mum if you feel that you are not able to do a lot of worship such as praying extra salah, reciting and studying the Qur'an, please don't feel guilty. We are mothers for a reason. Allah subhana wa ta'ala has blessed us with a very important role. Be a good mum and make a sincere intention to please only Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala by being a good mum and that will be a great form of worship, bi'idnillah. 

This Ramadan, my goal is to do my best to be a great mum to my children, bi'idnillah. And to do so we have started detoxing ourselves from TV as I believe this is one of the biggest killer of time and productivity. Kids are allowed to watch TV for maximum of 15 minutes. I myself don't really like to watch TV apart from Ramadan TV (Sky 192) which I try to watch after the kids gone to sleep, with the intention of seeking knowledge bi'idnillah. Kids love watching the Little Explorers show around 5 pm. Alhamdulillah we are reading books together and basically enjoying the holiday. They will start full time school from September inshallah so I really want to use these last couple of months to bond with them and create some beautiful memories to cherish forever, inshAllah. May Allah subahana wa ta'ala enable us to do our best in this beautiful month and gain taqwa, ameen! 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond