Ramadan Reflections: Day 17

Bismillah..In the Name of Allah , the Most Merciful

Subhanallah today is the 17th day of Ramadan ! How quickly time is passing us ! Not that many days left till Eid! I hope we can do our best with the last two weeks remaining, bi'idnillah. 

Today I want to share a very beautiful  message I have received recently. This can be enough to motivate us to ask for forgiveness i.e do istighfar on a regular basis inshAllah. 

A man came to Hasan Al-Basri and complained to him: " The sky does not shower us with rain." He replied: "Seek Allah's forgiveness (i.e say Astagferullah)". Then another man came to him and said: " I complain of poverty." He said: " Seek Allah's forgiveness." Then another person came to him and complained: " My wife is barren; she cannot bear children." He replied: " Seek Allah's forgiveness." 

The people who were present, said to Al-Hasan: " Every time a person came to you complaining , you instructed them to seek Allah's forgiveness?"

Al-Hasan al-Basri said, " Have you not read the statement of Allah? 'I said "Ask forgiveness of your Lord. Truly He is Oft-Forgiving. He will send rain to you in abundance; increase you in wealth and children; grant you gardens and bestow on you rivers." " (Nuh 71:10-12) 

Subhanallah what a beautiful reminder! Do you know the best way to ask for forgiveness? Let me share bi'idnillah the best of Istighfar according to our beloved prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihe Wa Sallam.

Sayyid Al-Istighfar (The greatest prayer for forgiveness) 




Allahumma Anta Rabbi laa ilaaha illaa Ant(a), khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduk(a), wa ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’t(u), a-‘udhu bika min sharri maa sana’t(u), abu’u laka bi ni’matika ‘alayy(a), wa abu’u bi dhanbi, fa’ghfir lii ha innahu laa yaghfiru’dh-dhunuba illaa Ant(a). 

O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god but You. You have created me and I am Your servant and as far as possible I abide by Your promise and covenant (which I made with You). I seek Your protection against the consequences of my wrongdoings. I fully acknowledge the grace You have bestowed upon me and confess my faults. So pardon me as none besides You can pardon sins. 


Whoever recites this during the day or night with firm belief, then happens to pass away before the next evening or morning, he/she will be counted among the dwellers of Paradise. (Bukhari) 

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala give us the ability and ease in asking for forgiveness from Him on a daily basis, ameen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond