Last post of 2013

In The Name of Allah The Most Gracious The Most Merciful.

So here I am , still alive on 31st of December 2013. All praise belongs to my Lord, Allah Subhanahu Wa Ta'ala. He has blessed me with so much. Words cannot describe how special I feel being showered with endless gifts from Him, alhamdulillah...Despite my numerous sins, He is so MERCIFUL to me. The more I think about Him, I feel more humbled. Alhamdulillah this year, He has given me a great opportunity to know more about His beautiful Names and attributes through the Al-Kauthar course "99 Names of Allah". It has been a dream for a long time to know and study His Names. I am really glad that I was able to attend the weekend course. After the course, I felt really guilty for not studying His Names earlier. If I love something or someone, I would try my best to learn more about them. It is a very basic human characteristic. So how on earth I didn't start earlier knowing my Lord's Names and attributes! I roughly knew the Names Ar-Rahman, Ar-Raheem, Al-Khaliq but that's it, not that much. Only through knowing Him, we can love Him more and use every opportunity to worship Him with the best of our abilities, inshAllah.  I got a huge folder to study and reflect and act upon bi'idnillah. I got couple of books on this topic to study thoroughly bi'idnillah. I hope and ask my Rabb to make this new year a year to learn more about Him and increase my deeds to please Him, only Him inshAllah.

Allahumma Anta Rabbi laa ilaaha illaa Ant(a), khalaqtani wa ana ‘abduk(a), wa ana ‘alaa ‘ahdika wa wa’dika mastata’t(u), a-‘udhu bika min sharri maa sana’t(u), abu’u laka bi ni’matika ‘alayy(a), wa abu’u bi dhanbi, fa’ghfir lii ha innahu laa yaghfiru’dh-dhunuba illaa Ant(a). 

O Allah, You are my Lord. There is no god but You. You have created me and I am Your servant and as far as possible I abide by Your promise and covenant (which I made with You). I seek Your protection against the consequences of my wrongdoings. I fully acknowledge the grace You have bestowed upon me and confess my faults. So pardon me as none besides You can pardon sins. [Bukhari]

I am very grateful to my Rabb, for blessing me with my soul-mate. We have been married since September 2006. Alhamdulillah life has been great since our union :-) He is my best friend. I praise my Lord for sending him for me, alhamdulillah. Without his love and support, I don't think I would have felt so content with my life, alhamdulillah. The most precious thing a man can have in his life is a good wife, a wife who brings peace and joy in her husband's life. ( I can't remember the exact hadith) I hope I can be that wife bi'idnillahi ta'ala. May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala make me an amazing wife like our mother of the believers, Khadija (RA), ameen!


رَبَّنَا هَبۡ لَنَا مِنۡ أَزۡوَٲجِنَا وَذُرِّيَّـٰتِنَا قُرَّةَ أَعۡيُنٍ۬ وَٱجۡعَلۡنَا لِلۡمُتَّقِينَ إِمَامًا 
“Rabbanaa hablanaa min azwaajinaa wa dhurriyyatina qurrata a’yun(iw), wa ‘j’alnaa li’l muttaqiina imaaman.”

“And who say: Our Lord! Bestow on us from our wives and our offspring, the comfort of our eyes, and make us leaders for the Muttaquun (pious).” - (part of Qur’an Surah 25:74)

Alhamdulillah our three children are growing so fast! They are healthy, happy and have a great bond with us, alhamdulillah. We were homeschooling but since September Im (6) and Ay(4) have been going to school. Unlike me, they are actually loving their school and enjoying their time at the school. They don't want to miss school even when they are sick! I remember how eager I was to be sick so that I don't need to go to school. I am quite content with the teachers and the headteacher alhamdulillah. They have been really supportive. I hope the new year will be a very productive and meaningful year for our children, bi'idnillahi ta'ala. Yu(2), being the youngest, is also enjoying his sessions at the Children centre. He has already done couple of courses such as Jolly Phonics, Music/ Sound course and so on, alhamdulillah. I am hoping to do more structured activities with him inshAllah through out the year. I hope I can be a better mother to my children and do my best in raising them as good Mu'mins, bi'idnillahi ta'ala. 

I am also blessed to have a great father. This year, we have been able to spend more quality time together. It reminds me of my sweet memories of childhood. People say I resemble my father. I feel really privileged to be part of him alhamdulillah. He works really hard as a medic. When he is not at work, he is busy with his writings. He has a great vision. He believes through his articles he can inspire people to change for the better. He doesn't believe in retirement. He always reminds me that there is no retirement for a slave of Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala. We must strive hard and only rest when we are in our graves. I love him very much and I hope I can be a good daughter to him just like our lady Fatima (RA) was to her beloved father prophet Muhammad Sallallahu Alaihe Wa SAllam, ameen!

There are so many memories from this year alhamdulillah. I hope the new year will be also full of beautiful memories inshAllah. Life is very precious. Let us enjoy every moment of it and do our best to create good memories to cherish forever, inshAllah! May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala forgive our shortcomings and enable us to do our best in the new year, ameen! 

Allahumma inni as'aluka' l-hudaa wa 'ttuqaa wa 'l-'afaafa wa 'l-ghinaa. 
O Allah, I ask of You guidance, piety, chastity and independence [from Your creation] (Muslim). 

Allahumma Musarrifa 'l-quluub(i), sarrif quluubanaa 'ala taa'atik(a). 
O Allah, Turner of hearts, turn our hearts toward Your obedience (Muslim). 

Yaa Muqalliba 'l-quluub(i), thabbit qalbi 'alaa dinik(a). 
O Controller of the hearts, make my heart firm in Your Religion (Tirmidhi, Mustadrak). 

Allahumma inni a-'udhu bika mina 'l-'ajz(i), wa 'l-kasal(i), wa 'l-jubn(i), wa 'l-haram(i), wa 'l-bukhl(i), wa a-'udhu bika min 'adhabi 'l-qabr(i), wa a'udhu bika min fitnati 'l-mahyaa wa 'lmamat(i). 
O Allah, I seek Your protection from inability, laziness, cowardice, decrepitude and miserliness and I seek Your protection from the punishment of the grave and I seek Your protection from the mischief of life and death (Bukhari). 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond