Ramadan preparation

Bismillahir Rahmaneer Raheem

In the name of Allah, the Most Merciful, the Most Gracious

Assalamu alaikum wa rahmatullah wa barakatuhu my dear sisters and brothers,

Insha-Allah very soon the great month of Ramadan is approaching us. How much we are preparing to welcome this sacred month? We are told by our beloved last prophet Muhammad saw to supplicate to our Creator on a regular basis throughout the two months Rajab and Sha’ban to say Allahumma baariklana fee sha’ban wa rajab wa ballighna Ramadan which means O Allah bless us in Rajab and Sha’ban and enable us to reach Ramadan! The scholars have told us that if we really knew the blessings of Ramadan we wouldn’t waste a second of it! The companions of our beloved prophet Muhammad saw used to start preparing for Ramadan at least six months ahead of it. Unfortunately some of us have already missed that opportunity as we got only a month to prepare insha-Allah. Let us do our best to use the remaining days insha-Allah.

As a mother of three kids (under 3 and a half years) it is going to be a difficult project for me but insha-Allah I hope to do as much as possible. To get myself motivated and note down all the things I will be doing, I have started this blog post called 'Ramadan preparation'. Mashallah there are so many books, articles, podcast and what not on internet to prepare for Ramadan. Alhamdulillah lot of programmes on TV are based on Ramadan too. I hope to soak up as much info as possible and share it with you all. Do join me on my journey to get well-prepared for the great month insha-Allah. I hope to hear from you and your suggestions insha-Allah. May Allah swt grant us all a very special Ramadan full of blessings, ameen!

As part of this project, today I have listened to a beautiful talk by Imam Shuhaib on Ramadan and changing oneself. He talked about purification of soul, the tajkiyatun nafs and the importance of having a good character/ akhlaq i.e. good adab. We are living in an age where only few people are blessed with a good akhlaq. Just having knowledge is not enough. Allah swt says in the Qur’an, the successful one is the one who purifies his/her soul. Nothing will benefit us on the day of judgement except a pure soul. The month of Ramadan should be used as a tool to purify our soul. They shaykh suggests that we should plan a daily routine to read, recite and study the Quran, the sunnah and do zikr of Allah swt. There is an amazing book written/translated by Shaykh Hamza Yusuf called ‘Purification of the heart’. I love reading this book. Insha-Allah I will share some thoughts from this book in my future posts.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond