Ramadan Reflections: Day 9

Bismillah

Assalamu alaikum my dear readers,

Alhamdulillah we have just completed the 9th fast of Ramadan. I feel sad as almost one third of this magical month is gone! The weather in London is quite hot and that's why I try to avoid going out as much as possible. I am getting quite hungry and thirsty by 12. I feel like sleeping most of the time! But my kids keep me busy, alhamdulillah. They are at that age, where you love exploring . They have been upto quite a lot of cheeky stuff. I try to control my reaction thinking once upon a time I was in that stage too. May Allah subhana wa ta'ala reward my parents especially my mum for having patience with me. Most of the time, it is the mum who has to deal with daily cheekiness! May Allah subhana wa ta'ala reward them and make it easy for them and the kids, ameen!

Everyone has their strengths and weaknesses. For me during Ramadan, praying taraweeh (night prayer) is really difficult. I try but feel quite guilty with the quality of my prayer. Most of time, I am sleeping. I am trying to concentrate more on reciting the Qur'an , alhamdulillah. The whole point of Ramadan is to gain Taqwa - Allah consciousness. I don't think I am really getting anywhere spiritually through the taraweeh apart from feeling exhausted. But I do love reading the Qur'an. Alhamdulillah last year, I started an intensive Arabic course through Quranic gems. It has been really intensive for me and I have decided to give up learning through the course. Alhamdulillah I have learnt some good rules and it has definitely made me understand the Qur'an more. As the course is too intensive for me, I hope to learn at my own pace inshAllah through brother Nouman Ali Khan's Arabic with Husna, bi'idnillahi ta'ala. 

Just to motivate me and you all to read, recite, study, ponder upon the Qur'an with the only goal to gain taqwa of our Rabb, I have gathered some beautiful hadith of our beloved prophet Muhammad Sallalhu alaihe wa sallam. 

Umaamah (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) reported that the Prophet (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: 

"Recite the Qur'aan for indeed it will come on the Day of Judgement as an intercessor for its Ashaab (those who read, memorize and implement it)." [Saheeh Muslim]



An-Nawaas Ibn Sama'aan (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) reported: "I heard the Messenger of Allah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) say: 'The Qur'aan will be brought on the Day of Judgement as well as the people who used to act upon it. Surat-ul-Baqarah and Aal 'Imraan will then approach them.' The Messenger of Allah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) likened them to three examples, which I have not forgotten afterwards. He (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: 'As if they were two clouds or two dark black canopies with light between them both or like two flocks of birds stretching their wings in the air pleading for the one who recited them.'" [Saheeh Muslim]

'Abdullaah Ibn 'Amr (radyAllaahu ‘anhu) reported that the Messenger of Allah (sallAllaahu ‘alayhi wa sallam) said: "The fast and the Qur'aan will intercede for the servant on the Day of Judgement. The fast will say: 'My Lord, I restricted him from food and drink, so allow me to intercede for him.' And the Qur'aan will say: 'I prevented him from sleeping at night, so allow me to intercede for him.' So they will be allowed to intercede." [Saheeh Muslim]

Subhanallah these couple of hadith is enough to understand how essential it is for us who are fasting to recite the Qur'aan much during these blessed days and sacred nights. For indeed, there is a special virtue for the abundance of recitation in these days, which is not found in any other month. We should take advantage of the nobleness of time during this month, in which Allah subhanau wa ta'ala revealed the Qur'an. 

May Allah subhanahu wa ta'ala give us the tawfique (ability) and tayseer (easiness) to read, study His Book during this great month and let us become the people of the Qur'an, ameen! ameen! ameeeen!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Tajweed notes on makharij

Five years Alhamdulillah :-)

A precious bond